Microsoft Great Plains is a famous enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that businesses have used for many years. While it has traditionally been installed on-premise, it can now be used in the cloud. This article will discuss the advantages of using Microsoft Great Plains in the cloud.
- Accessibility, One of the main advantages of using Microsoft Great Plains in the cloud is that it can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This means businesses can have multiple users working on the same system from different locations. This is especially beneficial for companies with remote employees or multiple locations.
- Cost Savings Using Microsoft Great Plains in the cloud can save businesses money in several ways. Firstly, it eliminates the need for companies to purchase expensive hardware, as the system is hosted on the cloud provider’s servers. Additionally, cloud providers typically charge a monthly subscription fee, often lower than the cost of purchasing and maintaining on-premise software.
- Security Cloud providers use advanced security measures to protect their customers’ data, including firewalls, encryption, and multi-factor authentication. Additionally, cloud providers perform regular backups, ensuring that data is not lost during a disaster.
- Scalability Using Microsoft Great Plains in the cloud makes it highly scalable and suitable for businesses of all sizes. As a business grows, it can quickly scale up its system to meet its changing needs. Companies can add or remove users from their systems as needed without worrying about purchasing additional software licenses.
- Automatic Updates Cloud providers are responsible for maintaining and updating their software. This means businesses do not have to worry about manually updating their software. Updates are typically rolled out automatically, ensuring that companies always have access to the latest features and security measures.
- Integration Microsoft Great Plains integrates with other Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Dynamics 365. This allows businesses to streamline their operations by having all their software work together seamlessly.
In conclusion, using Microsoft Great Plains in the cloud offers numerous advantages to businesses. From improved accessibility and security to cost savings, scalability, automatic updates, and integration with other Microsoft products, using Microsoft Great Plains in the cloud provides a more efficient and streamlined solution for managing business operations. By embracing cloud technology, businesses can focus on their core activities, knowing that their software is secure, up-to-date, and easily accessible.